Sunday, 6 August 2017

For The Love Of Stamps DT samples - Pretty Poinsettia

Hi everyone, well after a wee month break For The Love Of Stamps by Hunkydory are back this month with their new launch.... and it's Christmas!!!!  I was so excited to get these stamps to play with, I absolutely love Christmas, it's my most favourite time of year (like I've not told people that lots of times already ;-)) and making these samples has got me all festive.  For my first blog post I'm sharing with you the samples I made using the gorgeous Pretty Poinsettia stamp set.

What you'll need -


This is a 6" x 6" white card blank.  I cut gold mirri card slightly smaller than the card blank, and white card slightly smaller than this.  On spare white card I used Versafine ink to stamp 2 large poinsettias, 3 small poinsettias and 3 leaves.  I used my Kuretake Zig pens (022, 040, 051) to add some colour then cut them out, I only cut the centre out of the 2nd poinsettia as I wanted to use this to decoupage up the other one.  I cut a strip of white card, stamped the sentiment using Versafine, and matted this on to a strip of gold mirri card, and glued this to the centre of the card blank.  I glued the stamped flowers to the card, and finished by adding some red pearls.


This is a 6" x 6" white card blank.  I cut some gold mirri card slightly smaller than the card blank, and some white card slightly smaller than this.  I used Versamark ink to stamp the leaf stamp all over the white square of card, added some gold embossing powder and heat set.  I tied a strip of white organza ribbon around the left hand side before matting this on to the gold mirri card, then glued both to the card blank.  I heat embossed 2 large poinsettias and 2 leaves on to white card using gold powder, coloured in using my Kuretake Zig pens (022, 047), then cut out (again only cutting out the centre part of one of the poinsettias to use to decoupage up the other) and used glue to attach to a mirri mat circle.  I used foam pads to attach this to the card blank, and finished off by adding some white pearls to the centre of the poinsettia and a small sentiment.


This is a 5" x 5" white card blank.  I cut silver mirri card slightly smaller than the card blank, and 2 squares of white card slightly smaller again.  I took one of the white squares and used Versafine ink to randomly stamp small poinsettias over the entire square, then added some colour using my Kuretake Zig pens (022, 051).  I then cut a circle aperture in the centre, placed this card over the other white square of card and lightly drew around the circle aperture using a pencil.  I stamped the sentiment using Versafine ink inside this circle, then erased the pencil line.  I tied a strip of white organza ribbon around the left hand side , then used foam pads to attach this card to the card with the sentiment.  This was matted on to the mirri card, and glued to the card blank, and I finished by adding some pearls.


This is a 7" x 5" white card blank.  I cut some silver mirri card slightly smaller than the card blank, and some white card slightly smaller again.  I used Versafine ink to randomly stamp small poinsettias over the white card, matted this on to the mirri card and glued to the card blank.  I cut a strip of white card, matted this on to silver mirri card, stamped a sentiment and used foam pads to attach to the card.  On spare white card I used Versafine ink to stamp 2 large poinsettias and 3 leaves, added some colour with my Kuretake Zig pens (024, 041, 067), and cut out.  I glued a poinsettia to the card, cut out a section of the other one and used it to decoupage.

That's my samples complete using this stamp set, I hope you like what I've created.  I'll be back soon showing my next set of samples for this launch.

Hugs, Lorre-Anne x


20 comments:

  1. beautiful and gorgeous cards Lorre

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card pretty poinsettia against the white....they are all so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Lorre-Anne. My fave is the first one. I may just steal this design from you and make something similar. �� X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Lorre-Anne. I just love poinsettias. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful floral cards today Lorre-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super selection of cards, and my favourite is the first one too - gorgeous!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cards, I love Christmas card making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful and varied selection of samples Lorre-Anne. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete