Hello bloggers, I got a lovely surprise recently when I was asked if I would like to be the August guest designer for the Daring Cardmakers challenge! Of course I immediately said yes, and this week is my first time taking part. The theme this week was set by Miri, and as it's the first Friday of the month it's 'Elemental Inspiration'... we had to choose 3 items from a picture and incorporate them into our own design. The photo below shows the card I designed...
What you need to make the card -
- 7"x7" white card blank
- Black & white card
- Flamingo Fun stamp set by Imagine Design Create
- Distress Inks (Chipped Sapphire & Salty Ocean)
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Kuretake Zig Clear Colour Pens (025, 050)
- Masking tape
- Blue gems
- Foam pads & glue
What you need to do -
- Cut a square of black card slightly smaller than the card blank, and a white square slightly smaller again.
- Take the white square and use masking tape to mask off a panel.
- Use a blending tool to blend some Salty Ocean DI at the top of the panel, and Chipped Sapphire DI at the bottom - blend well using Salty Ocean in the middle section to achieve an even blend.
- Keeping the masking tape in place, use Versafine ink to stamp various flowers from the stamp set in the inky panel. Carefully remove the tape when finished.
- On spare white card use Versafine to stamp a sentiment, and the flamingo. Colour in the flamingo using the pens and a water brush. Carefully cut him out, and use foam pads to attach him to the card.
- Finish off by adding the sentiment and some gems.
I really enjoyed taking part in this weeks challenge...why not have a go yourself! Please pop over to the Daring Cardmakers blog to see what everyone else designed. I'll be back next Friday sharing what I have made for the next challenge.... best get my thinking cap on!
Hugs, Lorre-Anne x