Hi everyone, it's time for my Bee Crafty DT blog post for Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty... this week I wanted to share with you one of the samples I made for Bev's recent shows on Hochanda (Monday 5th June). I got to play with the gorgeous Birds & Butterflies and Everday Sentiments stamps... I can't recommend these sets enough! These will allow you to make so many cards for lots of different occasions. When I seen the butterflies I thought they'd look really good in rainbow colours and so this card was created.
What you need to make this card -
- 6" x 6" white card blank
- black & white card
- Art stamps: Birds & Butterflies set 1
- WORDage Sets: Everday Sentiments 1
- Distress Inks (Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves & Wilted Violet)
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Paintbrush & Water
- Glue & Foam pads
- Circle dies
What to do -
- Cut black card slightly smaller than the card blank, and white card slightly smaller again.
- Take the white card and use Distress inks with water to splash some colour around the card, then cut a circle aperture in the middle. Mat this on to the black card using foam pads, and glue to the card blank.
- On spare white card use Versafine ink to stamp 7 butterflies, and use the Distress Inks to colour them in. Cut them out when dry.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versafine and cut out using a circle die. Use foam pads to attach this to the centre of the aperture.
- Arrange the 7 butterflies around the aperture.
That's it for this week and I'll be back next week to share another project with you. Please leave me a comment if you have time as I love to hear from you.