Monday, 19 June 2017

Monday Bee Crafty DT post - Lustre Luxe tags

Hi bloggers, for this weeks Bee Crafty DT blog post for Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty I wanted to share a couple of MDF samples I made for Bev's recent shows on Hochanda (Monday 5th June).  Now this was a first for me as I've never used MDF before, plus I got to play with the fabulous new Lustre Luxe too!  You definitely need Lustre Luxe in your life, this is a metallic paint which is so creamy and shiny - and it gives amazing coverage!  I've used it on card, MDF and various types of ribbon.

Materials needed -



I used blending foam to apply Moonstone Lustre Luxe over the MDF tag.  On spare white card I stamped the large bird, 2 small butterflies and a sentiment using Versafine ink.  I took a little Sea Green Lustre Luxe and mixed it with some water, and used this to colour the birds and butterflies, and I added them to the tag with foam pads.  I also used the Lustre Luxe/water mix to splatter some green over the MDF tag.  I die cut the sentiment, then used blending foam to apply some Sea Green Lustre Luxe.  The Lustre Luxe was also really easy to apply to the lace, and I then tied it through the hole on the tag. 


For this tag I again used blending foam to apply Moonstone Lustre Luxe, and when dry (which doesn't take long at all!) I used Versafine ink to stamp the script all over, and to also stamp 2 large butterflies and a sentiment on to spare white card.  I blended Sea Green and Golden Gate Lustre Luxe over the sentiment then cut out, and attached to the tag using foam pads.  I mixed the Lustre Luxe with a little water and used it to add some colour to the butterflies, cut them out, and glued to the MDF tag.  To finish off I added some colour to some white organza ribbon using the Lustre Luxe, and tied this through the hole at the top.

So that's my first ever MDF creations complete, and I can't wait to get another play with some more, plus I'll shortly be putting in an order for some more Lustre Luxe as I NEED the purple and blue now!

Until next week, happy crafting everyone.
Hugs,
Lorre-Anne x

22 comments:

  1. so beautiful, I really love that color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorre-Anne your tags are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pieces and great colours. Love the bird, stunning. xxx

    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great tags!! I've never heard of Luster Luxe, but will look into it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb... Lustre Luxe is amazing :-) x

      Delete
  5. Two beautiful tags. I love the colours you have used. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete