Saturday, 1 April 2017

For The Love Of Stamps DT Samples - Jam-Packed With Love


Hi bloggers it's time for the latest launch of stamps and masks from For The Love Of Stamps by Hunkydory (Launch 8).  One of the sets I received this time was the fabulous Jam-Packed with Love...now this isn't normally my type of stamp set, but I am completely converted!  This set, and the corresponding mask, are amazing and make some really cute cards.


First up is this 6"x4" card.  I cut black card slightly smaller than the card blank, and white card slightly smaller than this.  I blended Seedless Preserves Distress Ink all over the white card, then taking the mask, I blended more through the runny jam section towards the top of my card, and then blended more through the blackberry sections - randomly over the card .  I added Glossy Accents to the entire section of runny jam, and let it dry.  I matted this on to the black card, and adhered this to the card blank with glue.  On white card I stamped the jam jar using Onyx Black Versafine ink, and masked it off so that I could then stamp the jar full of berries (this was done by also masking off the berries before stamping another set).  I also took a small piece of purple striped paper from the Splendid Stripes paper pad, and using Versafine, stamped the lid of the jam jar - I cut this out and paper pieced it onto the original jam jar.  Using foam pads, I stuck the jar to the centre of my blended background.  I finished off my card by stamping a sentiment and spoon (coloured in using Pumice Stone DI), cut both out, and added to the jam jar with foam pads.


This is another 6"x4" card, but it has been cut down from a 6"x6" .  The background was created by splashing Distress ink mixed with water randomly over the entire card front - DIs used were Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Ripe Persimmon.  I cut a strip of white card the same length as my card blank, and approx 1.5" wide, and blended Seedless Preserves DI around all the edges.  This was then glued to the centre of the card blank.  Using Onyx Black Versafine I stamped 3 small jam jars, and stamped a different sentiment on each.  I used the DIs to colour in each jar, and used Squeezed Lemonade to colour the labels.  Foam pads were used to attach the jars to the card, and it was finished off by adding a stamped sentiment in the bottom corner.


The above card is a 6"x6".  I cut red paper slightly smaller than the card blank, and green striped paper slightly smaller than this (both from the Splendid Stripes Paper Pad), and adhered to the card blank using wet glue.  I cut 2 ovals, one white and one from green paper, and matted white onto green with glue.  The jam jar was stamped using Versafine ink, and masked off, then I stamped strawberries inside the jar, again masking off certain ones before stamping more.  I used my Chameleon pens (RD4 & YG3) to colour in the strawberries.  I paper pieced the lid of the jar by stamping the top of the jar onto the red striped paper, and cut this out, and glued to the jar.  This was finished off by tying a piece of twine around the top, and attaching the stamped label.  The card was finished off by adding a stamped sentiment, and some red pearls.

Thanks for taking the time to have a read of my blog, and if you want to let me know what you think of my cards, then please do leave me a comment....I love to hear from you.

Take care
Hugs, Lorre-Anne x



18 comments:

  1. Hi your cards are gorgeous I love those jam pots. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Lorre-Anne, love the papers and beautiful pots of jam.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful and great cards Lorre.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun collection. Great cards.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful samples. Fabulous designs and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab samples Lorre-Anne. My favourite has to be the first one with the runny jam - very clever! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb samples Lorre-Anne. The runny jam effect is so clever and really effective. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete