Saturday, 4 February 2017

For The Love Of Stamps DT samples - Hoppy Easter

Back again with my second blog post For The Love Of Stamps by Hunkydory http://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/ launch - this time using the Hoppy Easter stamp set and mask - this set is ideal for getting all those Easter cards done but also could be used for general cards too as there are a couple of sentiments there suitable for everyday cards!



I opted for a 5" x 5" card this time, and thought it would be nice to go for pinks and purples this time round.  I cut some white card slightly smaller than the actual card, and randomly blended Milled Lavender and Tattered Rose Distress Inks around it, I then took the mask and blended some Milled Lavender through the chevron markings (again randomly over the card).  I matted this on to a piece of purple paper (Pretty Pastel paper pad) slightly larger in size, and glued this to the card blank.  I cut another piece of white card, the same length as background and the width I liked, and using Versafine stamped eggs over it.  I coloured the eggs in using my Chameleon pens ( PK3 and PR4), and matted this on to some purple paper too - I tied some white organza ribbon around this panel and attached it to the card blank with foam pads.  I stamped the bunny using Versafine and coloured it in using the Chameleon pens, cut it out, and used foam pads to attach it to the panel.  The card was finished off by adding a sentiment.


I love this card and is one of the ones which doesn't scream Easter but shows how versatile this stamp set is.  It's a 6" x 4" card and was so simple to make.  I stamped the sentiment using Versafine ink randomly over the entire card blank front, and tied a piece of black organza ribbon around the top.  I took 2 of the white and silver oval die cuts and stamped the bunny on to the larger one, and the sentiment on to the smaller one.  I coloured the rabbits ears and feet using Spun Sugar DI, and his bow tie using my Chameleon marker (BK4).  The ovals were attached to the card blank using foam pads.

My final card is a 7" x 5" card, and I thought 'why not have a bunny juggling Easter Eggs!'.  I cut white card stock slightly smaller than the card blank, and another piece slightly smaller than this piece.  I took the larger piece and blended Peacock Feathesr DI around the edges.  On the other piece of card I used Versafine to randomly stamp eggs and flowers all over, then coloured them in using Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers - I then matted this on to the larger piece using glue, and attached to the card blank.  I cut another 2 pieces of white card stock ( one measuring 4 3/4" x 3 3/4" and one slightly smaller) and took the larger piece and again blended Peacock Feathers around the edges.  I took the smaller piece and stamped the bunny at the bottom, and the sentiment at the top.  On scrap white card I stamped 9 small eggs, coloured them in then cut them out.  These were attached around the bunny using foam pads to look as if he is juggling.  This panel was matted onto the larger panel, then attached to card using foam pads.  I finished off the card by adding my usual Star Dust Stickles to give a wee bit of sparkle.

That's all my samples finished for this months launch, I hope you liked them and will have a go at making some of your own.  Please do get in touch to let me know what you think.  

Till next time...Happy Crafting!
Hugs
Lorre-Anne
x

14 comments: