Saturday, 4 February 2017

For The Love Of Stamps DT samples - Dino Friends

Hi everyone....it's time for the latest launch from For The Love Of Stamps by Hunkydory http://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/.  My first blog will be showing the samples I made using the fantastic Dino Friends stamp set and mask - these little guys are so cute and I absolutely love the 'You Don't Look A Day Over Prehistoric' sentiment!


The first card I made was the 7" x 7" shown above.  I cut white card stock slightly smaller than the card blank, and another piece measuring slightly over 4" x 4".  Distress inks used this time were Candied Apple, Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, and Bundled Sage.  I randomly placed the mask over the card stock and blended through the word DANGER using Black Soot, I then repeated this, blending Candied Apple through the scratch marks.  I finished this background by stamping the ferns in Shabby Shutters, then matted it onto a piece of black card and glued this to the card blank.  On the smaller piece of white card I started by stamping the T-Rex in Versafine (Onyx Black) and then masked him off, and stamped the Stegosaurus beside him, I then masked off this dinosaur and stamped the large dinosaur at the back.  I added the small nest of eggs and then coloured everything in using the Distress Inks - I then matted this onto black card too, and used foam pads to attach it to the centre of the card blank.  To finish off I stamped both sentiments using Versafine, cut them out and matted both onto black cards and added them to the card with some foam pads.

This is a little 6" x 4" card and I personally love the simplicity of it.  I stamped 3 dinosaurs onto some white card and coloured them in using Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade and Candied Apple - I then cut them out.  I cut a strip of white card measuring roughly 6 " x 1" and stamped dino feet on it using Versafine Ink, and matted this on to a piece of black card, then glued this on to the left hand side of the card blank.  I stamped out the fab sentiment, and matted this also on to black card, and used foam pads to add it to the top of the card.  I finished off by sticking my dinosaurs to the card and adding some Star Dust Stickles.

These stamps were so much fun to use and I will definitely be making some more cards with them....I hope you enjoyed seeing how my samples were made and as always please do get in touch if you have any questions or have any comments.

Happy Crafting!
Hugs Lorre-Anne
x

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Lorre-Anne! The dino theme is brilliant. Congratulations on being published too, very well deserved! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer I really appreciate that xx

      Delete
  2. Love these dino stamps and your samples are awesome. I really wish I had your talent for stamping. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy I love these wee dinosaurs ❤ xx

      Delete