Saturday, 5 November 2016

For The Love Of Stamps DT samples - Flowering Hydrangea

Hi All

Here are a few cards I have made using the brand new Flowering Hydrangea stamp set from For The Love Of Stamps. These are my first ever samples as part of the Design Team, and I hope I have done them justice and that you like them.  The stamps are fabulous to work with, and give a lovely crisp image every time you stamp.

First up is the card below....


I took a 6x4" card blank and cut a circle aperture in the right hand upper corner.  I used the small individual petals to randomly stamp the front of the card in Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, then tied a white organza ribbon around the front of the card.  I then stamped the large hydrangea flower head in the inside of the card, ensuring it could be seen through the aperture, and added the stem - both stamped using Black Onyx Versafine Ink.  The image was coloured in using Spiced Marmalade and Shabby Shutters DI.  I chose the 'Live life in full bloom' sentiment and stamped this onto a scrap piece of white cardstock, and cut it out using a small circle die.  I finished off by blending Spiced Marmalade DI around the edges of the sentiment, and adhered to the side of the aperture.


I opted for a white 7x5" card blank this time.  I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card blank, and using Candied Apple & Mustard Seed DI, I randomly stamped the large hydrangea flower head  - always ensuring I stamped off edge to give a balanced look!  I adhered this to the card blank using ds tape.  I then cut a smaller piece of white card measuring 1.5"x5", and stamped the sentiment in the middle using Black Onyx Versafine Ink.  Using Candied Apple DI, I stamped 3 small petals to either side of the sentiment using the fill in stamp, then I stamped the outline petal stamp in Versafine over the top - I used foam pads to stick this to the front of the card.


My final card using this lovely stamp set was created using some gilding flakes,  I took a 6x6" card blank, and cut a strip off the front to make a 6x4" blank, I then cut white card measuring 3.75"x5.75", and black card measuring 3.62"x5.62" & 1.3"x1.25".  I stamped the large Hydrangea head and stem onto black card using FlitterGlu, then added gilding flakes.  I tied black organza ribbon around the front of the card, and positioned the stamped sentiment on top of this.  I then used FlitterGlu to stamp around the edges of the white card, and added gilding flakes to this, matting the hydrangea stamped card onto this.  I adhered this to the front of the card blank using ds tape.

And that's it...my first ever samples complete, please get in touch if you have any questions about the above cards, or just to let me know  what you think.

Thanks for looking.

Hugs
Lorre-Anne x

2 comments: