Thursday, 10 November 2016

For The Love Of Stamps DT Samples - Barrow In Bloom

Hi all

This is my last blog for the time being showing my Design Team samples for For The Love Of Stamps - this time I am focusing on the set called Barrow In Bloom.  This set would be perfect for all those avid gardeners in your life.


I made this card in the style of a fence simply by using 3 strips of card (the off cuts from when I trim down a 6 x 6" card blank to a 6 x 4") and sticking them together using strips of card  glued to the back.  I love the effect this gives, and it was just ideal to use with these stamps!  I achieved the wood effect on the panels by lightly dragging Vintage Photo Distress Ink down each one a few times - please make sure you do it lightly as it won't look as effective if you are heavy handed!  I stamped the wheelbarrow, pots, garden sign and watering can in Vintage Photo DI onto white card, and cut out.  Everything was coloured in using Vintage Photo DI, and ProMarkers (Lilac, Buttercup, & Apple).  They were adhered to the front of the card using glue, and foam pads - making sure to avoid the gaps in the fence.  The card was finished off with 2 stamped sentiments.


This is a z-fold card, easily made by cutting a strip off the top of a 6 x 6" card blank, then used to stick to the bottom of the card.  I cut panels of  yellow paper from the Beautifully Bright paper pad, and used Spiced Marmalade DI to randomly stamp watering cans, and  a sentiment over them.  I stamped the plant pot 3 times on white card, along with the bush using Versafine, and coloured in with Spiced Marmalade and Shabby Shutters DI.  To finish off I adhered the 3 plant pots to the z-fold mechanism with glue, and stamped a sentiment.

This is a shadow box card, easily made from 2 sheets of 7 x 7" white card stock and a few scorelines.  I die cut a circle from the front of one panel, and randomly stamped the flowers over it using Versafine before sticking the card base together using a wet glue.  I then stamped the wheel barrow out twice on white card, along with the garden sign and some grass.  Everything was coloured in using ProMarkers (Duck Egg, Lilac, Apple & Caramel), and then cut out - the flowers were cut off from the second wheelbarrow and used to layer up on the first wheelbarrow to give some dimension.  This was adhered to a circle matted onto a silver mirri mat using foam pads.  The card was finished off with a small sentiment, and some Stickles.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing all my Design Team samples, I've had an amazing time creating them, and hopefully I will be back soon to show some more.  

As always if there are any questions, or comments then please do get in touch.

Hugs
Lorre-Anne x 

No comments:

Post a Comment