Tuesday, 8 November 2016

For The Love Of Stamps DT Samples - Ahoy Matey

Hi all

As promised here are the next 3 cards I created using stamps from the recent For The Love Of Stamps launch.

http://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/

I have focused this time on the Ahoy Matey set, and have got to say this is ideal for any males you need to create cards for.


This card is made using a 6 x 6" card blank, trimmed down to 6 x 4".  I have used strips of paper from the Beautifully Brights paper pad, stamped images using Versafine Black Onyx ink, and matted onto black card - I adhered these to the card blank with ds tape.  I stamped the boat onto white card, and coloured in using Walnut Stain, Candied Apple and Salty Ocean Distress Inks, this was matted onto black card, then adhered to the card blank with foam pads.  I finished by stamping the sentiment in Versafine directly onto the bottom right hand corner of the card.

I have used a 6 x 6" card blank, and white cardstock measuring 5.5 x 5.5" and 5 x 5".  I used a heart template to lightly draw a heart in pencil onto the smaller of the 2 card squares, I then took the small anchor and stamped this in Salty Ocean Distress Ink following the pencil line.  I found it best to start at the top of the heart, and follow round doing 1 anchor at each side until finished.  I then stamped the larger anchor, and the sentiment in Salty Ocean, and cut both out - I also added Glossy Accent to the large anchor.  To get the perfect colour match mat layer for my card, I blended Salty Ocean around the edge of the larger piece of white card, and matted the smaller piece to this with ds tape.  I finished off by adhering both the large anchor and sentiment to the centre of the heart with foam pads.



Again this is a  6 x 6" card blank.  I cut a piece of white card to 5.5 x 5.5" and randomly blended Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks over the entire card.  I then took a bubbles stencil, and randomly blended Peacock Feathers through this. I tied a strip of teal organza ribbon around the left side of this base before adhering to a square of silver mirri card.  This was stuck to the card blank with ds tape.  I used 2 die cut circles and their corresponding silver mirri mats, I stamped the large anchor onto the larger circle in Salty Ocean, and used a water brush to blend the colour.  The sentiment was stamped onto the smaller circle.  I blended Salty Ocean around the edges of both before adhering to mirri mats with ds tape.  I finished off the card by adhering both to the front using foam pads to give some dimension.


I hope you enjoyed seeing how I made my cards, and if there are any questions or comments then please get in touch.

Happy Crafting!
Hugs
Lorre-Anne x


1 comment: