Friday, 4 November 2016

For The Love Of Stamps DT Application cards

Hi Everyone

I've been a busy little bee recently and not had much chance to blog - the reason being I have been lucky enough to have been selected by Hunkydory For The Love Of Stamps Design Team!!!  I am beyond excited, and am so thankful for this fabulous opportunity.

I seen their DT call out on Facebook, and thought 'Why not?' so I made some cards and emailed them off, never believing I would be chosen.  I just want to say if you see opportunities like this and feel like having a go but don't think your work is good enough...stop those thoughts and have a go - you never know, you might be just what they are looking for!  I have decided to blog today showing the cards I made, and give a wee description as to how I made them.  


This is a 7x5" white card blank, the matts and layers are prepared from white and black card stock using dies from the Tonic Ornate Frame die set, I stamped the main image using Versafine, and coloured in using Promarkers.  

I made this card using the Tonic Pinhole Square Layering Die Set, and a 6x6" white card blank.  I stamped the image onto a piece of white card, used the square die to give the pinhole effect, then cut out the square using my cutting board - I tied  a strip of black organza ribbon around this.  I then cut a larger square from black card, and matted the white square onto this.  I coloured in my image using Promarkers.  I finished off by adding some Tonic Nuvo Drops.

This is another 6x6" card blank.  I cut a square of white card slightly smaller than my card blank, and used a stamp from Forever Poppies to create a background using Candied Apple Distress Ink, I distressed around the edge using Black Soot Distress Ink, tied a piece of black organza ribbon around it and adhered this to my card blank.  I then cut a strip of white card to fit in the right hand side of the background card, I stamped my poppy image onto this using Versafine and coloured in using Candied Apple & Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.  I also distressed around the edge of this using Candied Apple, and Black Soot DI.  I finished off adding a small sentiment.



The above card is a shadow box card, made from two pieces of 7x7" cardstock, I die cut a circle aperture from one of the pieces, and stamped poppies along the bottom before assembling the card.  I stamped the main image, and cut out using a smaller circle die, and matted this onto a black circle die cut.  I coloured in using Promarkers, and finished off by tying some black organza ribbon around the top of the card, and adding a stamped sentiment.



Well time to go and make some more cards, I hoped you liked seeing how I have made my DT card samples, and if you have any questions please just ask.

Happy Crafting

Hugs
Lorre-Anne
x






No comments:

Post a Comment